Thursday, October 15, 2009

Neighbor Gifts


I know a lot of neighbor gift-giving is reserved for Christmas, but why skip Halloween? I saw this idea in a magazine long ago. It is a fun, easy, and versatile craft that anybody can do. Here's what you'll need:

Clay pots
White, Yellow, and Orange acrylic paint
Paint brush
Cellophane treat bags
Craft Sticks
Treats of course!

If you're a regular crafter you'll most likely have all the supplies you'll need for this project (with maybe the exception of the clay pots). You can find clay pots at all craft stores and they'll run about a $1 a piece (though it depends on the size you want) but you can find them on sale or use the coupon craft stores send out weekly. There's no need to draw lines or line with tape to get exact edges, though you're welcome to if you'd like. I just eyeballed the candy corn lines, and it worked out pretty well. You will have to do a couple coats of each color. Be sure to allow to dry between each coat.


I used Wilton's clear cellophane bags, though any will do. Put the bag into the dried pot first, THEN fill with candy. Trust me, it's just easier that way. Once full with treats, tie with a twist tie, or ribbon. For the sign, I simply printed out a little message on the computer, then glued it to patterned paper, and glued it to a craft stick. And you're done! Now go and make these for your friends and neighbors. We could all use a few more sweets, right?

5 comments:

  1. Am I your first comment?! Woah, I better make it good. How's this--I'm bookmarking this one! Woo hoo! Keep the ideas coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh, I LOVE THIS!!! Great idea! I think we need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shana, do you make advent calendars?

    ReplyDelete