Friday, February 5, 2010

A Pea Pod for Seth-Pod

My husband's little brother, Seth, is here for a visit. While here he asked me to make this for him to give to his girlfriend for Valentine's Day. This is Seth's design. He bought all the materials, drew out how he wanted it to look, and I created it.
It was a bit of a challenge, partly because he wanted it made out of fleece (you know my comfort zone revolves around felt), and partly because I have a hard time letting someone tell me how to craft. I had to just make myself keep my mouth shut, because after all, this was his design, for his girlfriend. Anyway, I think it turned out awesome, and more importantly, Seth is really happy with it as well.
The two main peas come out - one Seth Pea, one Ellora Pea (with bow and eyelashes). The two smaller ones on the sides are glued into place. It is fully lined (a feat for myself) in a cute floral print.
I embroidered this heart with their initials and it is glued onto the back of the pod.
Geez guys! Get a room!

8 comments:

  1. So darling! About what size is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can rock fleece too! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! Any smart man would show up with one of these on Valentine's day.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must have it. Remember what my husband does for a living? Seriously, make it happen and I will order/pay however you set it up. Hurry, it's almost the 14th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! And I agree with Steph - you totally rocked this out! Fleece was good to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my cuteness! What a wonderfully fantastic idea! What a great boyfriend. Your BIL has got some definite potential. Shana, you gotta get his permission to knock out a bunch of those! So cute. Good job using fleece, and I love how the inside of the pod is lined. darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys! I have to say I disliked working with fleece. It was so hard to get a needle through it, my fingers were abused. That girlfriend of his better like it. I'm going back to my steady, felt :).

    ReplyDelete