Monday, February 1, 2010

Valentine's Day Gifts

I don't think anyone (in their right mind) would turn down some chocolate. Especially some chocolate in a pretty package. With Christmas, birthdays, Mother's and Father's days around for lavish gift giving, I say keep Valentine's Day simple. And sweet.
I found these cute little decorative cups and bowls at Micheals for just $1.00 (although, I went to a different Michaels to get more and they were $1.29. What a rip off). Buy yourself a few bags of chocolate and you've got yourself a quick, cute, and inexpensive gift perfect for neighbors, girlfriends, sisters, moms, or your kids' school teachers (way better than just that "teacher" valentine card they put in the box sets). Or, if you happen to be mormon, it's perfect for your visiting teaching gals, just drop if off and call that month good ;).
I printed a little message, then glued them onto some Valentine-themed paper, and then onto craft sticks. Actually, my boys did that for me, they're such good little helpers, especially when there are piles of candy involved.
I think I would be quite happy to find this on my doorstep. Now all I need to do is keep everyone's little fingers out of these until I can get them delivered.

FYI, my next post features a giveaway.

2 comments:

  1. I hope I find one on my doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I was your neighbor. Or visiting teachee. I think I will have to use that idea for this month...

    ReplyDelete